We are searching for a Mid-level IT System and Network Administrator. The candidate will be expected to have responsibility for performing IT Operational duties, troubleshooting, working on tickets, monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Provide technical support in a professional/friendly manner and respond to requests for IT support
- Keep up to date inventory of equipment, software, and licenses
Qualifications for System Administrator
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Mainly used technologies:
- Shell scripting: sh, bash, PowerShell
- VCS: git, gitlab, cvs, stash
- Monitoring: Nagios, check_mk
- Databases: PostgreSQL
- Virtualization: VMWare, Hyper-V
- Networking: FortiGate, IPSec/SSL VPN, Cisco
- Middleware: Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, JDK, JRE
- OS: Windows Server 2012R2/2019, Debian, Windows 10
Why choose us?
We are a great team based in Brasov, working with multiple developer teams to deliver applications for the health sector. By making use of Kubernetes, Docker, public & private cloud infrastructures we create efficient and scalable applications. Deployments using Jenkins at other times using internal tools. Applications we deliver usually involve .net, SQL Server, Angular, Java Spring and PostgreSQL. Scalable microservices served by Kubernetes operators are something we deal with on a daily basis.
We also handle data and security compliance for productive applications, hands on using specific tooling (internal penetration & security scans) and during the development process we make sure that security guidelines are followed.